Friday, January 17, 2014

"The Princess Bride" -An Ancient Movie With An Ancient Topic

For today I would like to write a movie report. I watched the movie princess bride . Which is a movie that Miss Angela picked for us to watch.It was filmed in 1987.Over all I would say this is the movie that you should not expect much from.On the other hand its a nice movie to watch if you just want to pass some time.The movie is about the love between a farm boy and the princess.And the adventures they have to live a happy long life together.
  The Genres of this movie are adventure, comedy, and fantasy.The main character were Westley, Princess buttercup. for the opposing ones, it had the prince Humperdinc, 6 fingered man, and the smart man.Then there were thease minor helping ones- Inigo, and frezzic.
 The movie took place in some kind of a medieval fantasy land.The story begins with two young peoples falling in love. then the boy gets killed from the pirates and the girl gets engaged with the prince.The rest of the story is about the boy coming back to life and saving the girl from unwanted wedding with the prince.Then the movie ends with several happy kisses.
The princess bride is a pretty good Family movie.But its a bit boring due to it's PG rating. Which means there will be no killing or anything ore than a kiss.The guys who were sitting next to me kept complained about the lack of serious body contact between the princess and Westley.
 I learned here that PG rated  movies and fairy tales had limits. I could learn much from the movie except that " love have no barriers. There was this character 'Westley' that really had some leadership qualities. He had trusty friends to follow him. I learned that to be a great leader, you need trust people behind your back. Over all I would say this movie rating is 6.9 out of ten.
I would not recommend it to you since the movie has not particularly exciting points. The movie is funny but there are no points when its totally hilarious. Also it looks although the plot has been written without care .Maybe its the special features of the 80's but tome, it looked like a total nonsense. The character(Westley dies twice in the movie and comes back to life!? If I was the director of this movie I would have picked someone more beautiful to be princess Buttercup. Also, I would add some more action scenes to make it interesting. Finally I would make few of the scene really funny so it would be impossible not to double over.The movie is not like "Oh I'm so bored I can't watch it anymore" type. It is just that its not the movie that I'll recommend. But who knows? You might find "The Princess Bride" fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. Kiwon,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about "The Princess Bride". I like that you included the trailer for readers to watch. Try to add spaces between your paragraphs to make your post easier to read as well.

    One suggestion is that you work on the use of capital letters. Capitals are used for titles (like the names of movies or books), names of people like Princess Buttercup and places. We also use capital letters after a period to start the sentence. A capital is not needed for words like "genre" though.

    The post is well organized and you gave a good summary of the plot. Good luck with your last posts this week!

    ReplyDelete